Do you love the Dharma? Are you tired of the endless cycle of samsaric life? If you are considering becoming a Buddhist monk or nun, the monastic sangha at Tsechen Kunchab Ling welcomes you to an opportunity to explore the possibility of a different life, following the footsteps of the Buddha along the monastic path.
This program is in three parts. There is no charge for any part of the program.
Step 1: Application – Admission is by application only. Applications close December 10, 2022
Criteria for admission are:
- Having received refuge vows at last two years ago.
- Having received teachings from masters in the Sakya Order.
- Are not in a committed relationship to a romantic partner.
- Are available to attend both the online and in-person residential sessions as scheduled below.
- Make an application by filling in this form before December 10. We will review your application and respond to you by telephone within a few days.
Step 2: Online seminar. December 17, 18, and 19 – 8:00 to 9:30 pm New York time
Connection information will be provided after your application for admission is reviewed. Through a combination of explanation, discussion, and self-reflection exercises, get answers to basic questions such as:
- What are my motivation for wanting to become a monk or nun?
- How is life as a monk or nun different than that of a lay person?
- If I were a monk or nun, how would I support myself?
Step 3: Ten-day residential experience at Tsechen Kunchab Ling monastery. Friday, January 13 to Sunday, January 22, 2023
Join the monks and nuns at Tsechen Kunchab Ling in exploring the lived experience of monastic life. Bring your dreams, aspirations, and questions. During these ten days, you will pray, study, work, and serve alongside the temple’s sangha. Readings and discussion sessions will explore the deeper meaning and practical details of monastic life.
For general information, email email@example.com
To apply click here.